Since about the age of 25 I had always believed I would be making a good enough passive income to be able to ‘stop working’ and do the things I enjoy by the age of 35. I used to tell people that “I will be retiring at the age of 35”. Now being 32 I find myself saying to people “when I was younger I USED TO SAY that I will be retiring at 35” 😉
Why I want to ‘retire’ by 35yrs old:
- I want to be able to give my son the time he needs from me. If he is sick I want to be able to come to his aid without having to worry about ‘my job’. I want to be able to watch him swim and run in the school team and be his number one supporter.
- I want my son to grow up believing that success does not mean working 10 hours a day for someone else but that he can be happy and successful doing something he loves
- I want to travel and see the world.
- I want to be able to do endurance races all over the world
- I want to be able to spend my day helping others and running projects to help develop the underprivileged. I want to be able to help kids less fortunate to be able to dream and to help them find success.
- I want to be able to spend my day at animal rescue places and perhaps even have my own farm that I can hire people to look after abandoned animals.
- I want to be able to live my ‘perfect day’ everyday. That is being with my family knowing we are making a difference in the world, one act at a time.
“This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 2 http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10DBC-Day-2]”